PRIVACY NOTICE provided by
Homestead Consultancy Services Ltd
This privacy notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you during our management of your development and after it ends. We are required to notify you of this information under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Please ensure you read this notice and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. WHO WE ARE
Homestead Consultancy Services Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In this privacy notice, references to “we” or “us” means Homestead Consultancy Services Ltd
2. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our GDPR data protection policy.
3. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE: INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
In the course of the performance of our contract as managing agent for the development where you are a leaseholder or freeholder we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Name, contact details, address, property address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, mortgage details, next of kin details, bank details and contact details for your tenant if applicable. For RMC directors - date of birth, nationality, occupation
The provision of the above information is required from you to enable us to perform our contract as managing agent. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
4. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE: INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
• Ownership, mortgage & charge details from the Land Registry
• Name, contact details, address, property address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, mortgage details, next of kin details, bank details. For RMC directors - date of birth, Nationality, Occupation from previous managing agents
• Name, contact details, address, property address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, mortgage details, bank details from solicitors upon purchase of the property we manage
• Name, contact details, address, property address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, mortgage details, bank details, date of birth, occupation, dependent children, other dependents, household information, earnings, benefits & tax credit, pensions, other income, monthly outgoings on: home and contents, utilities, water, care & health costs, transport & travel, pensions & insurance, professional costs, other essential costs, communications & leisure, food & housekeeping, personal costs & any other debts from the High Court Enforcement agents, only whilst pursuing arrears.
• Name, contact details, address, property address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, mortgage details, next of kin details, bank details from ground landlords
• Name, contact details, address, property address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, mortgage details, next of kin details, bank details from developers
• A CCTV system may monitor parts of the Homestead building. This data is recorded and retained for 14 days.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes:
• For the performance of a contract you have with our client and pursuant to which we are appointed as their agent.
• For the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We routinely share the following categories of personal data:
• Property address
• Telephone number home/mobile
• Debt information
• Email address
• Mortgage details
• Next of Kin details
• Bank details
• Contact details for your tenant (if applicable)
• RMC director information of date of birth, occupation, nationality
This personal information may be shared with the following categories of recipients:
• New managing agents
• High Court Enforcement Agency
• Accounting software used to process invoices
This data sharing enables us to perform our contract as managing agent.
Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area — for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see ‘Transfer of your information out of the EEA’.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
7. WHERE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE HELD
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, and third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold including those measures detailed in our GDPR data protection policy.
8. HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
The length of time we retain all the personal information listed above is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under “How we use your personal information” above. The only exceptions to this are where:
i) the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
ii) you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
iii) we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
iv) in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
9. REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on contract as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
10. TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as follows:
• USA in order to raise invoices containing your name, address and property address for specific charges
This country does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the USA provides an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield as permitted under Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. To obtain a copy of the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom or to any other organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• request the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
12. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
13. HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
14. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 25 May 2018 and last updated on 22 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, and when we do we will inform you.
15. HOW TO CONTACT US
Write to us at:
Homestead Consultancy Services Ltd
29-31 St Annes Road West
Lytham St Annes
Phone us on: 01253 640040